Partner (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 820) & Partner (Residence) Visa (Subclass 801)
The Partner Visa (Temporary) (Class UK) (Subclass 820) & Partner Visa (Residence) (Class BS) (Subclass 801) is a two-stage visa process for persons seeking to stay in Australia on the basis of being in a relationship with an eligible partner (sponsor).
- You must be in Australia to lodge a valid visa application.
- This is a 2-stage process, in applying for a Partner visa, you will be applying for the subclass 820 Provisional and the subclass 801 Permanent visas concurrently.
- This visa allows you to stay in Australia with your partner.
Key Eligibility requirements
- You must be married or in a de facto relationship with an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand.
- Your relationship must be proven to be an exclusive, committed, genuine and continuing relationship.
- Your relationship must be able to prove, cumulatively, that you and your partner meet the following four factors:
- Joint financial aspects of the relationship.
- Join nature of the household arrangement.
- The social aspects of the relationship.
- The nature of the couple’s commitment to one another.
- For couples who are in a de facto relationship the law stipulates that the length of the relationship must be at least of 12 months duration. However, there are exceptions to this requirement including when the relationship has been registered under a law of a State or Territory prescribed in relevant legislation.
- You must meet health and character requirements.