The Professional Year Program is professional development program involving formal learning and hands-on work experience for international graduates in Australia.
This programmed is structured to enhance the abilities of Engineering/IT/Accounting Students so that they can pursue their desire career. The Professional Year is a bridging course which helps students complete a 12 weeks internship program in an industry related to their graduation. The program as a whole, runs for 44 weeks of which 12 weeks are an Internship wherein the student is fine-tuned so that they can be introduced to and learn the workplace culture. This internship helps the student to develop their communication skills, workplace culture, technical knowledge for their role and team skills
The Professional Year Program is excellent to help kick start your career in Australia, and even has the additional benefit of giving students additional points in a permanent residency Visa application (GSM visa).
- have completed an undergraduate or postgraduate (Bachelor or Master) award in Australia in Accounting/IT/Engineering
- hold or applied for a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485, either stream) with at least 12 months validity or;
- hold an eligible Secondary Visa with work and study rights with at least 12 months validity
- provide evidence of English language proficiency (Minimum 6 each band in IELTS)
- provide a valid skills assessment from a relevant professional association
- You will gain 5 points for permanent residency application (General Skill Migration visa)
- You will have a chance to meet the industry expert and helps develop your network with industry professional
- Add value to your Resume
- You will get an opportunity to develop professional skills through Internship
SKILL MIGRATION INTERNSHIP PROGRAM – ACCOUNTING (SMIPA)
The Skill Migration Internship Program- Accounting (SMIPA) is available to all graduates who completed at least two years Bachelor or Master Accounting Degree in Australia. This program is designed to help you develop your career in Accounting through job placement.
IT PROFESSIONAL YEAR PROGRAM
This program is endorsed and developed by the Australian Computer Society (ACS). This program provides opportunity to recent IT graduates to have practical skills and training through 12 Week internship program.
ENGINEERING PROFESSIONAL YEAR PROGRAM
The Professional Year in Engineering program is the program run by various provider in association with Australian Government. This program develops and enhance the skill of recent engineering graduate.