Prospective Marriage (Fiancé) Visa (Subclass 300)
The Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300) is for persons seeking entry to Australia to marry their prospective spouse and with a view to remaining in the country permanently.
- You must be outside Australia to lodge a valid visa application.
- You may be eligible to apply for this visa if you intend to marry an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand.
- This is a provisional visa and will allow you to enter and remain in Australia for 9 months to marry your fiancé.
Key Eligibility requirements
- You and your fiancé must have a genuine intention to marry within the 9 months validity period of the visa.
- You must have met in person and are known to one another
- You must genuinely intend to live together as spouses
- You will have to apply for an onshore Partner visa (subclass 820 & 801) once you have married
- You must meet health and character requirements.