The purpose of the Skilled Regional Visa (Residence) (Class VB) (Subclass 887) is to enable provisional General Skilled Migration visa holders to apply for permanent residency. This visa is a permanent visa pathway from the Skilled Regional (provisional) Subclass 489 visa.
- You must be in Australia to lodge a valid visa application unless a concession applies.
- This visa allows you to work, study and live in Australia.
- This is a Permanent resident visa and allows you to stay in Australia indefinitely.
Key Eligibility requirements
- You must be the holder of a prescribed visa.
- You must have held a prescribed visa for a total of at least 2 years before making the application.
- You must have lived in a specified regional area for a total of at least 2 years while holding a prescribed visa.
- You must have worked full-time in a specified regional area for a total of at least 1 year as the holder of a prescribed visa.
- You must satisfy certain Public Interest criteria and Special Return criteria.
COVID-19 concessions are available to assist subclass 887 visa applicants to comply with their regional residency requirements.Please note that the above is not an exhaustive list of requirements. This content is for general information purposes only, it is not immigration advice and must not be construed as such.
While due care has been taken to ensure that the content is kept up-to-date and correct, the currency and thus accuracy of the information cannot be guarantee due to the frequent changes in migration law.