The Training (Class GF) (Subclass 407) visa allows visa holders to enter Australia to participate in occupational training activities, including classroom-based professional development activities with a designated sponsor.
- You may be in or outside Australia to lodge a valid visa application.
- This visa allows you to live in Australia to complete a workplace-based training.
- This is a Temporary visa and allows you to stay in Australia for up to two years.
Key Eligibility requirements
- You must be at least 18 years of age unless you can demonstrate that exceptional circumstances exist.
- You must have a sponsor who is or has applied to be a temporary activities sponsor.
- You must be nominated to participate in the sponsor’s nominated program of occupational training.
- The nominated program must be offered as a genuine training opportunity.
- The nomination must meet one of the three eligibility types:
- Occupational training required for registration
- Occupational training to enhance skills (relevant Occupation list applies, Medium and Long Term Strategic Skilled List (MLTSSL), Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) and Regional Occupation List (ROL)).
- Occupational training for capacity building overseas.
- You must have at least ‘Functional English’.
- You must maintain adequate arrangements for health insurance.
- You must have a genuine intention to stay temporarily in Australia and for the purpose of taking part in occupational training activities.
- You must be able to demonstrate that you have access to sufficient funds to cover the cost of your stay in Australia.
- You must satisfy certain Public Interest criteria and Special Return criteria.
Criteria and requirements relevant to Approval of nomination or Approval as a temporary Activities Sponsor have NOT been included in the above summary. An approved sponsor and nomination are required for this visa.