Work And Holiday Visa (Subclass 462)
The Work and Holiday Visa (Temporary) (Class US) (Subclass 462) is for young professionals from prescribed countries with signed bilateral agreements with Australia permitting a working holiday.
- If you are applying for your first subclass 462 visa, you must be outside Australia to lodge a valid visa application.
- If you are applying for your second or third subclass 462 visa, you may be in or outside Australia to lodge a valid visa application.
- This visa allows you to work in Australia, but you cannot be employed by the same employer for more than 6 moths.
- This visa allows you to stay in Australia for up to 12 months.
Key Eligibility requirements
- You must be a citizen of a particular country and be of a specific age. Eligible passports and age requirements are prescribed by legislative instrument, read the complete list here.
- You must be able to demonstrate that you have access to sufficient funds to cover the cost of your stay in Australia.
- You must be a genuine visitor whose principal purpose is to spend a holiday in Australia.
- You must have at least Functional English (e.g. by achieving an average band score of at least 4.5, based on the 4 components on the IELTS test within the last 12 months).
- You must have specific academic qualifications which are dependent and vary between the agreement countries.
- If you are applying for your second or third Subclass 462 visa, you must satisfy the prescribed periods of “specified Subclass 462 work”.
- You must satisfy certain Public Interest criteria and Special Return criteria.
- You must meet health and character requirements