The Working Holiday Visa (Temporary) (Class TZ) (Subclass 417) is for young people from prescribed countries who wish to stay in Australia for a working holiday.
- If you are applying for your first subclass 417 visa, you must be outside Australia to lodge a valid visa application.
- If you are applying for your second or third subclass 417 visa, you may be in or outside Australia to lodge a valid visa application.
- This visa allows you to work in Australia, but you cannot be employed by the same employer for more than 6 moths.
- This visa allows you to stay in Australia for up to 12 months.
Key Eligibility requirements
- You must be a citizen of a particular country and be of a specific age. Eligible passports and age requirements are prescribed by legislative instrument, read the complete list here.
- You must be able to demonstrate that you have access to sufficient funds to cover the cost of your stay in Australia.
- You must be a genuine visitor whose principal purpose is to spend a holiday in Australia.
- You must not be accompanied by dependent children during your stay in Australia.
- If you are applying for your second or third Subclass 417 visa, you must satisfy the prescribed periods of “specified work in regional Australia”.
- You must satisfy certain Public Interest criteria and Special Return criteria.
- You must meet health and character requirements.